Translate


Sunday, September 6, 2015

How to Get Rich Off College

Hat tip College Reform

"The now-former President Ronald Zaccari labeled Barnes’s post a “threatening document” and stated that the student was a “clear and present danger.”


Clear and present danger


It is often said that a college degree is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your life. What's even more lucrative is getting kicked out of college. Here is how one expelled student parlayed his expulsion into $900,000 grand from Valdosta State University.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6704

If Mr Barnes's photo collage is a clear and present danger and a threatening document, I wonder if it constituted a macro-aggression or a micro-aggression. Oh, silly me. Those terms didn't exist back in those days when Barnes was expelled.

But since I am a part-time teacher at the University of California at Irvine, I wonder if some of my cute little pictures here on Fousesquawk over the years might justify my firing.



"One person's hate speech is another person's education."


UC Santa Barbara  Skate Board










UCLA



UC Berkeley





"UC Santa Cruz-America's Wackiest University"






UC Davis

Threatening documents, clear and present danger, micro-aggression, macro-aggression? Take your pick. I could have been rich, just like Mr Barnes. Unfortunately for me, the good folks at UC have respected my freedom of speech.

2 comments:

elwood p suggins said...

Fouse the aggressor, whether micro or macro (I admit I don't know the difference).

Squid said...

One wonders how much money Hillary made for all the speeches given at colleges and universities. I understand that one university spent $250,000.00 for one speech. Unfortunately, Hillary wiped her servicer clean (with a cloth?) so she would not be able to provide and answer to the question.

Squid