Translate


Sunday, July 26, 2015

King County's Free Speech Dilemma

Hat tip The Mike Report


I would call this, "creeping Anti-Semitism". Slowly but surely, we are seeing Jew-hatred become mainstream and accepted in our discourse. In the US, we see it on our campuses in the name of "Justice for Palestinians'. Now it has even crept into local government issued voter ballot guides.

Now comes a man named David Blomstrom, who is running for a school position in King County, Washington (which includes Seattle). He makes an anti-Jewish screed in his "statement" on the ballot guide list of candidates. The county hacks actually publish it. Now, when a Jewish citizen calls it to their attention, they are "deeply sorry".


https://mikereport.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/king-county-voters-guide-features-jew-hating-screed/


How in the world does a kook like this get on a list of candidates for public office? And only three other people to oppose him? And how does the county government let a reference to the "Jewish Mafia" pass when it prints their pamphlet? Just who is the Jewish Mafia? Could it be a reference to Meyer Lansky, perhaps? (He is long-dead.)

But it's free speech, right?

To be sure, Mr Blomstrom will not be prosecuted for what he has written, nor should he be. But what is the obligation for King County to include this in the voter ballot guide? What if he had said that if elected, he would insure that no Jewish children would be allowed in King County public schools? What if he had said that if elected, he would advocate for the deportation of all Jewish people from King County, or Washington State, or the US?

Should, as one reader in The Mike Report commented, Blomstrom's comment be published but with a disclaimer from King County that they abhor the language and the idea expressed?

Let's play devil's advocate.

Suppose a candidate for DA in Los Angeles County promised that he would take on the Mexican Mafia? Such a thing does exist. It is a criminal organization that calls itself by that very name. Or how about the Italian Mafia in New York? I would vote that for candidate. But is it the same thing? Only if you can show that there is, indeed, such a thing as a criminal organization in the US called the Jewish Mafia. It does not exist-especially in the context that Blomstrom imagines- a cabal of people trying to influence public, national, or international policy in a criminal way.

If I were on the King County board that approved this screed and had the final say, I would have told Blomstrom to clean up his rhetoric before his candidate statement was printed. On the other hand, had he taken me to court, he probably would have won. He probably would have even prevailed over any county disclaimer abhorring his statement. I understand that.

But let us all beware the creeping anti-Semitism.



9 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Any citizen can run for office, and locally, all they need is a few signatures on a petition. By what law are you going to forbid him to run? And, if you were voting, wouldn't you want to KNOW that this candidate uses terms like "Jewish Mafia" so that you can be careful to vote for someone else?

David Blomstrom said...

LOL - Siarlys Jenkins hit the nail on the head. Unlike 99% of the politicians and candidates in this country, I speak out freely and boldly. If you can't figure out what my statement in the Voters Pamphlet means, I've put tons of information on the Internet. I call a spade a spade.

By the way, I've been running for office since 1999, and I've never even mentioned the word "Jew" in one my campaigns until this year. Why is that?

Because 1) I just found it so difficult to sort through all the propaganda, disinformation, hate talk and wacko conspiracy theory, and 2) I though criticizing Jews sounded a little racist.

But I finally got around to doing my homework this year, and my eyes have been opened. In 1999, I focused solely on local politics. More than anything, I was a children's advocate. Over the years, some of the harshest attacks against me came from the Seattle Weekly (particularly Nina Shapiro) and The Stranger. Why would they attack a person who's trying to help kids?

Now I know. The Stranger is a Zionist newsrag. Nina Shapiro is also Jewish. Do the math.

Like I said, I call a spade a spade.

David Blomstrom said...

Because 1) I just found it so difficult to sort through all the propaganda, disinformation, hate talk and wacko conspiracy theory, and 2) I though criticizing Jews sounded a little racist.

But I finally got around to doing my homework this year, and my eyes have been opened. In 1999, I focused solely on local politics. More than anything, I was a children's advocate. Over the years, some of the harshest attacks against me came from the Seattle Weekly (particularly Nina Shapiro) and The Stranger. Why would they attack a person who's trying to help kids?

Now I know. The Stranger is a Zionist newsrag. Nina Shapiro is also Jewish. Do the math.

Like I said, I call a spade a spade.

Gary Fouse said...

I also call a spade a spade. From where I see it you are an anti-Semite.

David Blomstrom said...

And from where I see it you're a Zionist.

Unknown said...

Perennial candidate David Blomstrom only campaigns from behind a computer. Dave will not do media interviews, attend public forums or even put a yard sign with his name on it

Is David Blomstrom a serious candidate?

No, not really.

Dave just keeps his websites up to date with the latest crises. I thinking his anti-Semite views are based from the Occupy movement. Yes, Dave all Jewish people are rich. Where have we heard that before?

Here is a link to his 2015 school board bid website:

http://2015.seattle-mafia.org/

Here is a link to voter pamphlet for school board in 2003:

http://your.kingcounty.gov/elections/2003sep/pamphlet/files34.htm#cand2

In 2003 when George W. Bush was President; Dave had images of George W. Bush with swastikas. In 2015 when Barack Obama is President; Dave has images of Barack Obama with swastikas.

Dave, I will also call a spade a spade. David Blomstrom you are a fool.

David Blomstrom said...

Michael Presley droned, "Dave will not do media interviews, attend public forums..."

Why, thank you.

Gary Fouse: What you said; thanks for confirming that you're a Zionist.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Gary is a Zionist -- he's proud of it. I knew that before he said so just now.

Blomstrom hasn't said he is or isn't an anti-Semite, but does seem to consider it a label he would be ashamed of.

I wouldn't vote for someone who used the term "Jewish Mafia," unless he was talking about Meyer Lansky. Its certainly true that in the hey-day of ethnic rackets, there were Italian, Irish, Jewish, Germany, Russian, and other ethnic rackets going.

I also wouldn't vote for anyone whose position was "Israel Uber Alles."

When it comes to a school board race, I would not vote for anyone who talked about foreign affairs or expressed symbolic opinions about the President of the United States. I'd want to know what they planned to do for the children being educated in the district's schools.

Gary Fouse said...

You're welcome. Now get off my blog you big dope.