Translate


Saturday, April 18, 2015

Let's Play, "Name That Accomplishment"!



"Let's welcome our first contestant, Daisy Magurk from Santa Cruz, California!"

(Wild applause)

"So what do you do, Daisy?"

"I'm, like, a senior at the University of California at Santa Cruz, Bob."
(America's Wackiest University)

"And what are you majoring in, Daisy?"

"Political Science, but I also, like, study philosophy and, like, other stuff."

"That's great. Who are you going to vote for in 2016 for president?"

"I'm, like, going to vote for Hillary Clinton, of course."

"Why Hillary?"

"Well, because she's a woman, and, like, I think it would be, like, kinda cool to have a woman president."*

"Well, that's wonderful, Daisy. This first question is going to be right up your alley. For $100, name just one of Hillary Clinton's accomplishments. You have 30 seconds."

tick, tick, tick, tick.......

"Can I, like, have another 30 seconds, Bob?"

"Sure, why not? Take 40 seconds."

tick, tick, tick,............

"Uh, can I like, call a friend?"

"Sure. Who do you want to call?"

"My professor, Bettina Aptheker."



"Hello?"

"Hi, It's Daisy, one of your students, and I'm on 'Name That Accomplishment'. I need to, like, name one of Hillary Clinton's accomplishments."

"Easy. She's a woman."

"OK. Thanks (click). She's a woman, Bob. Final answer."

"Ohhhh. I'm sorry, but that's not the right answer. The correct answer is she has no accomplishments. Zero! Nada!" Well, that's all the time we have, Folks. Tune in tomorrow at this same time for, "Name That Accomplishment.'"

* Hat tip Campus Reform

No comments: