Translate


Friday, March 13, 2015

The Ferguson Shooting

I have just learned that one of the two St Louis area cops who were shot this week outside the Ferguson police hqs is the son of a retired DEA agent with whom I worked in the same group back in the late 1970s and early 80s. I don't believe the names of the officers have been released, so I won't divulge any names here. I have sent an email to the father expressing my support.

Not only is this shooting a sickening act, but the comments made by many of the so-called protesters to a Fox News reporter this week are just as sickening. I can only hope that these are minority opinions.

It was also troubling to hear statements that Officer Darren Wilson should have been prosecuted. This, after the investigatory findings of the State of Missouri authorities and the FBI. Even Eric Holder's Justice Department, whose leaders wanted so much to find that Officer Wilson was culpable, had to accept the facts brought forth by impartial FBI investigators.

Make no mistake, however; The statements made over the course of the past several months by Holder, President Obama, and Al Sharpton created a climate of hate that has resulted in this latest attack on our police.

No comments: