Translate


Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dresden and El Cajon: A Tale of Two Fake Hate Crimes

Hat tip Vlad Tepes.


In 2012 Shaima Alawadi, an Iraqi housewife, was found bludgeoned to death in her home in El Cajon, outside San Diego. Next to her was a crudely written note essentially telling Muslim terrorist to get out the country. Immediately, her family went public proclaiming this a case of an Islamophobic intruder who broke into their home and committed the ultimate hate crime of murder.

Combined with the on-going Trayvon Martin case, a "hijab and hoodie" drive began. candlelight vigils were held. There was just one problem. Shaima was murdered by her husband, whom she wanted to divorce. The murder was staged to look like a hate crime. Shaima's husband was convicted of murder and is now in prison.

Now comes a similar case out of Germany. In Dresden, a young Muslim immigrant was found stabbed to death. Immediately, the media and certain politicians used it as a way to attack PEGIDA, the organization based in Dresden that is protesting against the growing Islamization of Europe. Among the leaders of the counter-PEGIDA protests was another young man from Eritrea who had been the roommate of the victim. Vlad Tepes picks up the narrative.

http://vladtepesblog.com/2015/01/24/germany-the-political-exploitation-of-a-murder/comment-page-1/#comment-179030

* I added my own comment in the reader thread making the comparison of the two cases. You will note that prior to my comment a certain man from Canada made some pretty ugly statements about Muslims in general. I do not concur with those evaluations of all Muslims. I considered whether I should address his comments along with my own but decided not to. I guess I don't need to get in a back and forth with some person I don't know in the blogosphere. I just think that those kinds of comments do not advance the discussion. We should remember how in Nazi Germany that kind of language was used toward Jews, and it resulted in the Holocaust. Vlad Tepes is a great site as are others who have so many reader comments I guess it's becomes hard to filter them. I don't have that problem because I don't have that massive a readership and I can read each comment individually and reject it if I think it's offensive.

I will be the first to admit that these folks are out there in the blogosphere in droves. Maybe I should write a full posting on this issue.

No comments: