Translate


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Handsome Henry Waxman Retiring (What Will I Do?)


"Tax me, Henry. Tax me."

This is a true blow to my blog. Handsome Henry Waxman, a staple on Fousesquawk, is retiring after 40 years in the House of representatives.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/30/rep-waxman-to-retire-at-end-year/

Waxman was a prime mover in the Affordable Care Act, the Stimulus Bill, Cap and Trade, and all kinds of bad ideas. He will also be fondly remembered for writing a letter of complaint to the Santa Monica Post Office about their parking situation. Yet, perhaps his most memorable achievement of all was the tour of that factory in El Segundo a couple of years back.
El Segundo FA-18 Factory Tour

He will be missed.





3 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

As soon as I saw the headline, I had the same thought... poor Gary, what will he do for a target now?

Squid said...

I do not think that Gary will loose a target as much as gain one. Sandra Fluke is rumored to carpet-bag into the Malibu/Beverly Hills district to take Henry's place. I am sure that Gary will be able to cover the this item (pun intended).

Squid

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I doubt if Fluke is ready for the big time. But, I expect that Henry's district will elect someone with similar priorities, because Waxman really did represent his district, much as Gary may bemoan the fact.