Judicial Watch, after a long and unsuccessful FOIA request, went to court to obtain documents pertaining to the FBI training materials that were purged. They have recently obtained the first batch of documents from the FBI and have released them in the below-linked article (2nd below).
- “Article is highly inflammatory and inaccurately argues the Muslim Brotherhoodis a terrorist organization.”
- “Page 13 inaccurately states that AQ [al Qaeda] is responsible for the bombing of the Khobar Towers and that AQ is ‘clearly linked’ to the 1993 bombing of theWorld Trade Center.”
- “The overall tenor of the presentation is too informal in the current political context.”
- “The Qur’an is not the teachings of the Prophet, but the revealed word of God.”
- “Remove references to mosques specifically as a radicalization incubator.”
- “Remove sweeping generality of ‘Those who fit the terrorist profile best (for the present at least) are young male immigrants of Middle Eastern appearance’”
- “author seems to conflate ‘Islamic militancy’ with ‘terrorism’ and needs to define the difference and use it in their analysis”
What we don't know are the identities of the "subject matter experts" the FBI used to identify and remove the purged materials. Congress knows because the FBI gave them the names-in closed door (classified). session. That means members of Congress cannot divulge them publicly.
I wonder if the training materials used to provide information on the Mafia have been purged to eliminate all references to Italians or Italian-Americans.