Translate


Thursday, November 8, 2012

La Bella Vita in Italy is Slipping Away

Hat tip Vlad Tepes



The Leaning Tower of Pisa Italy Europe


I don't have the stats, but I have long gotten the distinct impression that of all the immigrant groups in Europe, Moroccans account for the largest slice of the crime pie-if you want to break it down by nationality. Now comes a horrific crime in Italy, where a man took out his rage on his wife because she purportedly didn't want to wear a veil by killing their two children. Vlad Tepes has the English translation from the Italian by the Corriere della Sera.


http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=55725

As reported, yesterday, I attended a speaking event at Cerritos College, where Muzammil Siddiqi once again dismissed all these horrific acts that are occurring every day somewhere in the world as the acts of a small minority of people who have misinterpreted Islam. One of the topics discussed was the abuse of women in the home. Had I known of this incident then, perhaps I could have mentioned it, but what would be the use? The answer would be the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't have the stats, but I have long gotten the distinct impression [...]"

Translation: I haven't studied the issue at all in any serious or fact-based way, but here's what my gut is telling me after reading a bunch of right-wing blogs.

Gary Fouse said...

PS: The Corriere della sera is hardly a right-wing blog. It happens to be the largest major newspaper in Italy.