Translate


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Obama Blows it in Britain

"God save the President"




It has been a bad week for President Obama. After days of humiliation at the hands of Benjamin Netanyahu, Obama fled Washington (while Bibi was still in town) and landed in the "friendly confines" of the UK (or so he thought). Then, last night, he proposed a toast to Queen Elizabeth and kept right on toasting while the band played "God Save the Queen".








Can't make this stuff up, folks.

Looking at the video, I don't know who was more shocked at this screw-up, the Queen or the Duchess of Dogpatch Camilla. Apparently, Camilla and Charlie were both steaming on their way back to their castle after the dinner.


Of course, had I been seated next to Camilla at a state dinner, I'd be in a hurry to grab the bubbly too.

But really. This couldn't have been more ludicrous if George Galloway himself had proposed marriage to the Queen in his red spandex suit while the band played on.



Of course, this is all due to a breakdown in diplomatic preparation by the State Department, who obviously failed to brief the President on proper protocol when national or royal anthems are playing. To be sure, heads will roll after this gaffe. In my humble view, the blame should go right to the top.


It's time to fire the Secretary of State.


That be YOU.


"Here, Here!"

(Or is it "Hear, Hear"?)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he really "blew it" over in the UK because of one flub. Unlike our previous president, who NEVER made such gaffes.

Gary Fouse said...

C'mon, lighten up. It's all in good humor. I did something similar at a drug school graduation luncheon for Russian drug cops in Moscow. I think I posted it, but I can't find it in the archives. If I do, I'll put it up.

You see? It happens to the best of us.

Gary Fouse said...

C'mon, lighten up. It's all in good humor. I did something similar at a drug school graduation luncheon for Russian drug cops in Moscow. I think I posted it, but I can't find it in the archives. If I do, I'll put it up.

You see? It happens to the best of us.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Is there a significant point being made here? I can't find one.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

The point is having a good laugh. Is that OK?

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Oh, you mean like when Michael Moore featured George H.W. Bush throwing up at a state dinner in Japan?

I suppose... but you had to make up the drama. What's the laugh? It's a bad joke when you have to explain the punch line.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

You don't need me to supply the punch line. Watch the video.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Sorry, no punch line visible.