Translate


Saturday, March 19, 2011

The "Pledge of Allegiance"

Hat tip to Creeping Shariah and Blazing Cat Fur

Blazing Cat Fur and Creeping Shariah have a clip of the finish of a speech by Amir Abdel Malik Ali at UCLA in January of 2011. This was on the occasion of the Muslim Student Association's Western Regional Conference, which also featured Siraj Wahhaj as a speaker.

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2011/03/19/muslim-student-association-pledge-of-allegiance-jihad-is-my-spirit-i-will-die-to-establish-islam-video/

When Ali announced the recital of the "Pledge of Allegiance", an acquaintance of mine happened to be in the audience. That person began to rise anticipating the Pledge of Allegiance that we all know. Surprise surprise.

Amir Abdel Malik Ali and Siraj Wahhaj were also the featured speakers at Yorba Linda on February 13.

3 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Frankly, I didn't find the pledge, per se, particularly disturbing. I did find the choice of slang terminology amusing:

"locked up"

"y'all"

Oh yes, traditional Arabic greetings. Didn't the Prophet use those very phrases when he was exiled to the Mississippi Delta?

As a fan of such humorous twists as "The Star Strangled Banana" and "I led the pigeons to the flag, of the United States of a merry cow...

I suggest this crude variation:

La La is my land
Is life on the lam
Sunny is my praxis
Jihad is my wine
ritosis is my cracker
I enjoy what is rite
I bid for what is wong
I will cast dice four a slim.

Gary Fouse said...

Better lay off that wine, Siarlys.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I thought it was the best line I came up with Gary.