Translate


Thursday, June 8, 2017

Marine Turned Away From Graduation for Wearing His Uniform


In 1993, at the ripe old age of 48, I received my masters degree from the University of Virginia. I went to the Charlottesville campus with my family to participate in the ceremony. Naturally, I wore a suit underneath the cap and gown.

However, I was stunned to see that so many of the younger grads getting their bachelors, masters or doctorate degrees showed up with t shirts, shorts and sandals under their gowns.

Now this:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/08/marine-uniform-gets-high-school-student-turned-away-from-graduation.html?cq_ck=1496937514413

What is happening to the values of this country, anyway?

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

That link tells me I don't have permission to access the article. I guess Fox News has algorithms that can identify the politics of anyone trying to read their web pages.

Not having seen the details, I suspect the kid could sue. There are all kinds of individual morons in position to make decisions they believe to be valid, who are often wrong.