Translate


Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Correction to My Times of Israel Blog Post

Recently, I wrote an article on the Times of Israel Blogs in which I made a factual error on the complaint filed in 2004 with the Dept. of Education Office of Civil Rights on behalf of Jewish students at UC Irvine. The error has been brought to my attention and I have made the appropriate correction below. I also added specific details regarding the unsuccessful conclusion of the case by adding a 2010 article in Commentary Magazine by Ken Marcus, which describes the way the complaint was decided by OCR. In essence, regional OCR investigators had concluded that Jewish students at UCI were, indeed, subjected to a hostile environment. That conclusion was overruled by OCR officials in Washington.


http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/a-correction-to-my-post-on-anti-semitism-at-uc-irvine/

No comments: