Translate


Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Richard Falk Causing a Stir in UK

Discredited US academic and anti-Israel activist Richard Falk is raising as stir in the UK after  release of his latest UN report accusing Israel of apartheid a report  that led to a rebuke by our  ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley and the resignation of the UN agency that sponsored it. At the London School of Economics, his speech was accompanied by anti-semitic screeds by his supporters in the audience.

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/richard-falk-lse/


As I write, Falk's scheduled speaking appearance at the the University of East London has been cancelled after protests. Some are asking the UK government to expel him from Britain.

https://antisemitism.uk/antisemite-richard-falk-will-not-speak-at-university-of-east-london-tonight-following-intervention-by-caa/


Let me be clear. I am not an expert on British speech laws. I do not favor pressure being brought on universities or any other venue to cancel talks by controversial speakers. I regard Falk as a dishonest flake, but I would not censure him. Let his ideas be discredited in the arena of free speech and exchange of ideas. Personally, I would welcome the chance to listen to him speak and challenge him during q and a.

No comments: