Translate


Friday, November 6, 2015

Bill O'Reilly Crosses the Line With George Will

Hat tip PJ Media and The Right Scoop

"What are you laughing at, Will?"


Full disclosure: I watch Bill O'Reilly's show on Fox News regularly. I have long been aware of his famous temper, but I usually find myself agreeing with his views and usually side with him when things get heated with certain guests. I also think he does good work with charities and issues like Kate's Law.

Tonight, however, I was appalled at how he went after George Will, who happens to be a Fox News colleague. Will had written a very critical review of O'Reilly's book, "Killing Reagan", which he co-wrote with Martin Dugard. Will (and many others) called the book poorly researched, poorly documented and downright wrong in claiming that his senior advisors once considered invoking the 25th amendment and removing him from office on the grounds that he had become unable to carry out his duties. That point has been disputed by many former Reagan White House officials.


http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/11/06/george-will-on-oreillys-reagan-book-a-no-facts-zone/

So tonight, things came to a head when Will accepted O'Reilly's challenge to come on the show.  (I saw it live.) It was ugly as O'Reilly called Will a liar and a hack.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4600724969001/an-attack-on-killing-reagan/?playlist_id=930909812001#sp=show-clips

I think O'Reilly has made a serious mistake tonight. I suspect it will alienate him with many of his Fox News colleagues and bring his book under closer public scrutiny. In addition, he owes Will an apology.

No comments: