Translate


Saturday, January 24, 2015

An Appreciation of Ernie Banks

012315-ernie-banks-file


Al Yellon is the editor of Bleed Cubbie Blue, a Cubs blog that is linked on this site. I read it everyday to keep up on the Cubs especially in the off-season. It seems that Yellon attends every Cubs game, home and away beginning in Spring Training.

At any rate, here is Yellon's tribute to Ernie Banks, who died yesterday a few days short of his 84th birthday. It is quite moving, and I thought I would cross-post it.

 http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/1/24/7880867/ernie-banks-mr-cub-life-appreciation

Thank you, Al. While I don't care a whit about shaking hands with famous people, Ernie Banks is one person I would have loved to have met.

1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Thanks Gary. Me and my cousin Amy in Manitowoc appreciate this.