Translate


Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bring Back the St Louis Browns

Hat tip Campus Reform


"Who's on first?"
"Michael Brown."


We still don't know the facts of the Michael Brown shooting, but won't stop local academia in St Louis from declaring their own "truth" as they change their coursework to address the incident.

 http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5860

Isom plans to explore the question of whether people would feel more confident in America’s justice system if all citizens could review use-of-force cases.
“That way, when an incident happens, the response is something the community has agreed is appropriate,” says Isom.
Yes! And we can have Malik Zulu Shabazz leading the New Black Panther Party in chants of,

"What do we want?"

"Darren Wilson!"

"How do we want him?"

"Dead!" 

It wouldn't surprise me if these learned professors started a petition to change the name of the St Louis Cardinals to the St Louis Browns. Ridiculous, you say?



Believe it or not, there once was a St Louis Browns in the American League. In 1953, they moved to Baltimore and became the Orioles. The little guy in the pictures is Eddie Gaedel, a midgit who actually was signed to appear in one at-bat as a publicity gimmick. (I think he later became a cop.) The Browns also had a one-armed outfielder named Pete Gray in the 1940s during World War II. ( I think he later became a cop too. They say he was pretty handy with a nightstick.)



But I digress.

4 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I've always favored the Cincinnati Reds. I remember when the Vietnam War was winding down, the Dayton Journal Herald ran an editorial headline "Salute to Reds: Courage, Skill Marked Long Season." As you may have guessed, the local baseball team had fallen just short of the World Series.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Hey Gary, there is a beautiful AP photo on the front page of the sports section of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, showing Cubs second baseman Javier Baez standing over Ryan Braun after tagging him out and throwing the ball to 1st. Try to get yourself a copy. I'm clipping mine to frame and hang on the wall.

Gary Fouse said...

I watched it TV live. Send Baez some suggestions on how to hit, will you?

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Not my area of expertise. I just like the Cubs. When I was a kid, I once surprised my friend by thrown the ball direct from center field to the pitcher. I was trying to throw to first base.