Translate


Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Orange County Turns Out to Support Israel

I want to finish my reporting (such as it is) on tonight's pro-Israel event at the Jewish Center in Irvine, which was organized by the OC Jewish Federation and several other organizations. The featured speaker was the Israeli Consul General from Los Angeles.

I  had nit-picked the event only because I thought it should be held in open space so that the public could see the extent of support for Israel, much like the event in LA on July 13. In addition, since I am persona non grata with the OC Jewish Federation, an organization I have criticized in the past, I did not plan to attend the event.

I did, however, drive to the event location just in case pro-Palestinians had planned to protest outside, which I would have wanted to document. Therefore, I drove into the parking lot, got the last spot, waited for a few minutes and seeing no pro-Palestinian protesters, I left.

The one point I want to make is that this event drew a whole lot of of people. Indeed, I felt like I was driving into Angels Stadium for a baseball game. The traffic was snarled and there must have been a few thousand people. The overflow had to park down the street in the Mariners Church parking lot and other locations.

The lesson is that the American people overwhelming side with Israel. They may not be as loud, but we have more in numbers.


1 comment:

Findalis said...

I understand the same thing happened in New York at the UN.