Translate


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Praying at the Temple Mount

I received the below article about Jerusalem's Temple Mount from Orit Arfa, a young Jewish lady from California. It concerns the right of Jews to pray at the Temple Mount and includes a video song entitled, "Let the Jordan Run". The Temple Mount is a place of contention between Jews and Muslims and Jewish access is restricted. I recently posted a piece on Palestinian harassment of Jews who appear there.

In addition, I took particular note of the ugly comments Orit received to this message. They are highly instructive. It gives an insight into the hatred that Israel is facing.

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c9c5d300768f538fd5be9ac84&id=16671d9f69&e=8d7d19442f

I have never visited Israel, but what I can't figure out is if Israel is a Jewish state, and Jerusalem is its capital, why do they (the Israelis) enforce a restriction on Jews praying at their holy site? If the site is holy to Muslims as well, can't they have a mutual and equal arrangement?



OK, I withdraw the question. What do I know? I'm just a broken down old DEA agent.


1 comment:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

There is some contention over Jerusalem Gary. Its not like Jews don't pray at the Wailing Wall. They've been doing that since 1967.