Translate


Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Godmother Part 11


Part 11

Somewhere on the East Coast, January 2014


It was a cold January morning on the East Coast-as it has always been in January and always will be in January. Bill was just leaving a suburban home after a night of partying. On each arm were two blond bimbos. They were laughing and carrying on. As they reached the corner of the street, the Godmother stepped out of a parked limousine driven by a bodyguard. She was dressed in an overcoat and a funny round hat.


(How many Smurfs had to die to make that outfit?)

"Hello, Bill."

The two bimbos beat a hurried retreat down the street.

"How long have you been back?'

"About a year," replied the Godmother.

Moments later, we pick up the action. The Godmother and Bill are walking down the street with the limousine following a discreet distance behind.

"Why did you have to come back after all this time?" Bill asked. "Things were going good."

"Because I need you, Bill."

"You need me?" Bill shot back. "You were gallivanting all over the world. I heard about that Italian. Or was it an Egyptian?"

"What difference at this point does it make?" answered the Godmother. "The point is I'm back, and I need you."

"I don't know. Too much baggage. Too many scandals."

"Look", the Godmother countered. "In three years, the family is going to be strictly legit. That's why I need you. I want you to be my husband. I want us to have children."

"Children?!"

"OK. Forget the children. Listen. We need to be at City Hall in an hour."

"Why?" asked Bill with a puzzled look on his face.

"Because the new mayor is being inaugurated and you're swearing him in."

"I am?"

"Yeah. Get in the car, Bill."

"Can I say good bye to my friends?"

"Get in the car."

Bill and the Godmother climbed into the limousine and proceeded to City Hall.




No comments: