Translate


Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fousesquawk Replies to President Obama




Got this message from Obama this morning. I am responding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barack Obama  Add to Addresses Block Sender
Date:Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:39 PM
To:fousesquawk
Subject:How this happened


Friend --

I'm about to go speak to the crowd here in Chicago, but I wanted to thank you first.

I want you to know that this wasn't fate, and it wasn't an accident. You made this happen.

You organized yourselves block by block. You took ownership of this campaign five and ten dollars at a time. And when it wasn't easy, you pressed forward.

I will spend the rest of my presidency honoring your support, and doing what I can to finish what we started.

But I want you to take real pride, as I do, in how we got the chance in the first place.

Today is the clearest proof yet that, against the odds, ordinary Americans can overcome powerful interests.

There's a lot more work to do.

But for right now: Thank you.

Barack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dear Barack,

Thanks for your note. I want you to know that it has been an honor to help you win re-election over these past few months. Now you can continue your work to  produce jobs, reduce unemployment, reduce the deficit, fix the trade imbalance with China, bring Americans of all races together, reduce the number of people on food stamps, bring peace and democracy to the Middle East, and restore America's place of honor around the world-especially in the Middle East.

I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to ask for something for myself. I would like to formally request your consideration for the posting as ambassador to Great Britain. I am fluent in English and have lots of important connections over there. I think I would make a great ambassador. As references, I am listing George Galloway, Ben White, Yvonne Ridley and Anjem Choudary.

I thank you for your consideration and congratulations on your great victory. I was proud to do my part.

Sincerely 


Your friend, Fousesquawk.


PS: You might also want to consider Chris Matthews for ambassador to Libya. I hear there is a vacancy.

8 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I want you to know that it has been an honor to help you win re-election over these past few months.

Well, honestly, Gary, I think you HAVE been a big help... sort of the way Chris Matthews, if he has had any impact at all, has probably been a modest help to Gov. Romney.

Findalis said...

If Obama actually does start to work on the problems of this nation, hell will have frozen over.

703 said...

Don't feel bad for Gary, guys. He'll have more fodder to write about with Obama in office, which will mean more posts, which will result in more clicks, which will get him more revenue.

A part of him is happy that things turned out the way they did the same way comedians were happy when Bush Jr. won twice in a row.

Gary Fouse said...

703,

Revenue? Who do you think I am, Rush Limbaugh?

My revenue from this blog consists of about 200 bucks over the past 3-4 years from adsense.

Revenue!!!

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Findalis, you said hell already froze over, last time you agreed with me. No, not last time, the first time.

703 said...

Ha! Personal glory then?

And if the 200 bucks isn't significant enough for you, I can provide you with a PO Box that you can send it to.

Gary Fouse said...

703,

Do your employers know that you are wasting time on their computers obsessing with fousesquawk every day while you are supposed to be working?

Let it go, man!

703 said...

Can't you take a joke?