Translate


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Calling Out the Daily Caller

Tucker Carlson's blog, The Daily Caller, is one of my favorite conservative blogs. I have it linked here and check it out every day. As you can tell from the numerous hat tips, I use them often as a source for stories.

Here, however, I have to call them out for a posting that is running today. It is based on the words of an anonymous source (Apparently, DC knows the identity of the source) who claims to be a former Obama administration official. There is also an allegation that Chelsea Clinton's actual father is the late PLO terrorist leader Yasser Arafat. That is one point I object to.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/08/the-lizard-king-my-name-is-what/

If DC is going to run with this story, it is only fair for the anonymous writer to step forth, identify himself/herself and substantiate the claims.

Of course, in the past, we have considered the children of presidents to be off-limits. Such was the case with Chelsea when the Clintons were in the White House, especially since she was a kid then. On the other hand, she is now an adult and is more or less in the public spotlight as an aspiring news broadcaster. Were she to engage in bad behavior, she is fair game. But as to her parentage? Is that fair to her? No. Yet, one could argue that since her mother is our secretary of state and smack dab in the middle of all the Middle East goings on, the topic is fair game. That's where the anonymous source comes in.

Given the alleged background of the source, I assume a lot of people in Washington can figure out who he or she is. In my view, this story cannot stand without revealing the source. I say that as a person who has always signed my name to everything I write.

Coincidentally, it has been reported that Arafat's body is going to be exhumed soon at an unannounced time. This is due to charges that someone poisoned him for unknown reasons. It might be an opportune time to save a DNA sample.

But until the source is revealed and corroboration offered for this story and any other allegations against Mr Obama, we shouldn't put much stock in this.



Absurd.

8 comments:

Anonymous 703 said...

Yeah, I think she'd look a little different if Arafat was her father. She looks like a mix of both her parents to some extent, and she definitely has some of Bill's DNA.

Gary Fouse said...

I don't know. How about that mouth?

Squid said...

If Chelsea was Arafat's daughter, she must have had the best nose-job in the world. She is definitely a Hillary-Bill DNA combo.

Squid

Findalis said...

Can't be. Arafat was a gay man. Even the girls attributed to him aren't his.

Findalis said...

Can't be. Arafat was a gay man. Even the girls attributed to him aren't his.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Funny, of all the things Gary has posted about lately, THIS is the one that gets five comments. (I make six, or so).

elwood p suggins said...

Much as I dislike her and her politics and her overall performance and behavior, surely (hopefully??) even Hillary has more class and taste than to engage in sexual congress with Mr. Arafat, no??

This just has to be a stab at sensationalism by whoever.

Gary Fouse said...

Elwood,

As I said, I think given what is being said about all of them, the DC should insist the writer ID himself. Certainly those in the adminsitration have to know who it is.