Translate


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Obama's Desperate Call For Help-From Fousesquawk

"Who you gonna call??


Here is my latest e-mail from my old friend Barack-still trying to pry that 3 bucks out of me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Friend --

Sometimes politics can seem very small.

But the choice voters face in this election couldn't be bigger.

Over the past two months, we have been outraised by our opponents. They've used that advantage to distort the truth and mislead people, over and over, on TV and the radio in battleground states.

Tonight is one of the most critical fundraising deadlines we'll face.

If we win this election, it will be because of what you did in moments like this to close the gap.

Please make a donation of $3 or more right now:"


Thank you.

Barack
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought he was talikng about the Major League Baseball trade deadline. That's the only one I'm following.

Update: And now this from Michelle:

Friend --

I'm always amazed by how Barack balances his responsibilities as president, a husband, and a dad.

But sometimes even he needs a little help. And this campaign is going to take all of us pitching in.

All of the things we've poured our hearts into -- from passing health care reform to fighting for an economy that works for everyone -- are on the line.

I know I don't want to wake up on November 7th wondering if I could have done more. So I'm doing everything I can between now and Election Day to make sure we can keep moving this country forward for four more years.

We've only got a few more hours before an important fundraising deadline. Please support this campaign by giving $3 or more today:


From all of us, thanks.

Michelle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's right. Only a few hours left. Have the Cubs traded Dempster, Soriano  and Garza yet?





5 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I've been resisting this appeal too, although mostly I see it in emails from campaign staff.

I'm tired of pundits measuring who's ahead by who raised how much money. Even "what do today's polls show" at least measured what likely voters said.

I'm not interested in whether Romney raised more money. I expected he would. He's a millionaire and moves in those circles. And about half the citizenry, for reasons best known to themselves, God bless them, support Romney. Hopefully it's a bit less than half, but its in the ballpark.

I'll donate to Obama (again) when I think I can afford it. Sometime before the election.

His campaign staff need to learn from Jerry Brown's last campaign. Meg Whitman had oodles more money than he did. Experts said if he didn't get his TV spots out in the summer, she'd establish such a huge lead he'd never catch up. He saved his money until the fall, when it counted. He won. Money isn't everything. There is a saturation point where it ceases to have any impact.

Findalis said...

Obama is having money problems Obama donates to himself.

Only $5000 but it is what he can afford. I guess Michelle will not be buying $7000 jackets any more.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Findalis, I don't know how they do this in synagogues, but in most Protestant churches, the minister always puts his own donation in the offering plate.

Findalis said...

@ Siarlys

What is a donation plate? Jews are forbidden to carry money on the Sabbath, thus we do not "Pass the Plate" as you Christians do.

As for the Rabbi donating, I don't see why since his salary comes from the congregation.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Everyone donates, in whatever manner their faith prescribes, from their salary. Although the minister's salary does indeed come from the congregation, he, like them, puts a portion back into the church.

Of course they could pay him less in lieu of him donating, but it is more congenial and respectful to pay him, and let him donate himself. It works well.