Translate


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Constituent Letter From Sen. Diane Feinstein


Hat tip to my friend Squid,

My pal Squid has sent me a copy of a letter he received from Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA) in response to his letter complaining about the Dept. of Justice dropping of the voter intimidation case in Philadelphi in 2008. Here is her "response":

Sent: Tue, Sep 28, 2010 10:12 am


Subject: U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message


Dear (name withheld) Squid,


Thank you for writing me regarding a lawsuit filed by the United States Department of Justice against the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense (NBPP). I appreciate hearing from you, and I welcome this opportunity to respond.


As you may know, on January 7, 2009, the Justice Department filed suit against members of the NBPP over alleged voter intimidation at a North Philadelphia polling station on November 4, 2008. The U.S. District Court in Philadelphia issued an injunction on May 18, 2009, prohibiting one of the accused NBPP members from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of any open polling location in the City of Philadelphia on any election day through November 15, 2012. The Justice Department dismissed the claims against the three other defendants on May 15, 2009, reportedly because of a lack of evidence to support the allegations that they had displayed weapons.


Please know that I will continue to monitor this situation. Like you, I understand the importance of election integrity and I will continue to work in the Senate to maintain the legitimacy of the voting process.


Again, thank you for writing. If you have any additional questions or comments please contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.









Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein

United States Senator





Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. ; You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup. Feel free to checkout my YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/Senatorfeinstein

"Yeah, we'll monitor the situation, right boys?"

3 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Well that's more detailed information than I've ever seen on Fousesquawk. Thanks for posting it.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

Then why do you read fousesquawk instead of Feinstein's newsletter?

Siarlys Jenkins said...

I'm not on her mailing list.