Translate


Monday, July 26, 2010

Las Vegas Conventions





Al Franken ("funny man")



I was in Las Vegas over the weekend. No, I wasn't attending that conservative bloggers' convention held by RightOnline at the Venetian. I wasn't invited to it and didn't know about it until I was in Vegas. Interestingly, there was a liberal bloggers' convention going on at the Rio at the same time. (I wasn't invited to that either.)

Apparently, the big organizer of the mad hatters' convention was none other than Daily Kos editor Marcos Moulitzas. Speakers included "Mr Excitement" Harry Reid, who probably had the attendees running for the blackjack tables and keynote speaker Al...

no, not Big Al Gore, but Little Al Franken. Coincidentally, I happened to catch the latter part of his speech on Fox News. Why would Fox News broadcast Al Franken's speech? Simple; to show what a complete buffoon the man is, and he didn't disappoint.

First of all, I can't believe this guy was actually a comedian. He is about as funny as testicular cancer. Yet, he came out with one theme that would have brought down the house over at the Venetian. Franken is very concerned about corporations merging with news organizations. Yes, according to Al, the liberal side is not getting a fair shake from the news media.


What Al envisions if the corporations take over the news media is that all we will see and hear is "conservative propaganda". Of course, Franken pointed out that "government has a role to play here." Indeed.

But Franken performed one useful function in his speech; he informed the crowd that next year's mad-hatter convention will be held in Minneapolis. Hopefully, they will bring in Big Al (Gore) as the next keynote speaker. He can come out on stage in his bath towel. That'll surely get a rise out of the audience (no pun intended).

7 comments:

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Franken was funny when he was part of the first Saturday Night Live cast. I haven't had much use for him since. I was disappointed he won the Democratic primary in Minnesota, but given a choice between him and Norm Coleman, I'll take the buffoon. Hey, he has more brains than Michelle Bachman, which I admit is a very, very low bar.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

As far as I am concerned, Franken won the election with a combination of ACORN, ballots found in the trunk of a car and almost 400 felons who unlawfully voted.

And I like Michelle Bachman. How do you like that?

Miggie said...

Prediction!

Al Franken will go down as one of the worst senators EVER.

He has a cruel sense of humor and a lock step Leftist world view. Combine that with his willingness to do the outrageous, it is only a matter of time.

I couldn't understand how the people of Minnesota could have elected him... even with the vote frauds but I just got back from a road trip through the GaGa Land of the Left in Northern California and I can see now how, if all you ever see is the Left Wing slant on things and only selected stories helpful to the Left, it can happen.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Evidence?

Source?

Data?

And as to Michelle Bachman, I know you like her. Everybody is entitled to make bad judgements.

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

Evidence, source and date for what? If that is directed to me, my answer is didn't you follow the news?

Oh yeah. It was Fox News.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

If Fox News reported that a record rainfall was happening right now, I would step outside to check whether the sun was shining.

When you talk about 400 felons unlawfully voting and ballots found in the trunk of a car, I thought you might have some evidence to cite -- isn't that how you did your job with the DEA, assuming you were one of the agents who did your job with integrity and according to the law? I've always given you credit for that much. "Fox News reported" is not evidence. It also does not mean that any source they quote is automatically lying. I do want to know the source, and how they claim to know, or reference to actual prosecutions, little details like that.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

Still looking for the evidence? ... I thought so.