Translate


Sunday, November 29, 2009

Obama's New "Anti-Semitism" Czar-Hannah Rosenthal


Hannah Rosenthal



The below article by Aaron Klein of World Net Daily concerns Ms Hannah Rosenthal, who is President Obama's choice to be the new "Anti-Semitism" Czar within the State Department. While I welcome such an appointment, I question the choice due to Ms. Rosenthal's connection to J Street, a new Jewish organization that is quite liberal and quite critical of Israel. This choice has to raise some eyebrows as to Obama's overall Israel agenda.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=117248

Fousesquawk comment: J Street is a new custom-made for Obama, liberal organization that has sprung up to challenge the power and leadership of AIPAC-an aggressively pro-Israel group. We look for J Street to expand its reach into the universities, which I also view with alarm. Just the connection to George Soros sets off red flags for me.

It's too bad Ms Rosenthal's portfolio will apparently be limited to overseas. Were it a domestic appointment, she could have paid attention to anti-Semitism right here at home. Unfortunately, there is no "Czar" to go to in order to complain about anti-Semitism on our university campuses as a result of the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

If I were the Israelis, I would view this appointment with pessimism.

1 comment:

Gary Fouse said...

Bryan,

First of all, I see you are up early today. Does that mean reading Fousesquawk is your first order of business every day? Atta boy!

Actually, I do not read wnd, the article was sent to me from a colleague. But if you will tell me how the article is wrong, I will reconsider. Have at it.