Translate


Saturday, September 26, 2009

The "Obama Youth" in Burlington Township NJ



Here is the video (hat tip to Hot Air) of schoolkids in B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington Township, New Jersey being led on a ditty, whose title I believe is "Barack Hussein Obama". Didn't I write something about this a couple of weeks back when Obama addressed the nation's schoolkids and DOE sent out "suggested" lesson plans (later withdrawn) that advised schools to assign writing projects on the topic, "How I can help President Obama"? Wasn't I accused of overreacting?

Well, MSNBC's Nora O'Donnell sure didn't overreact. Her response was, "After all, he is the President."

I hate to be repetitive, but this is the type of leader worship that has been practiced in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union and more recently, North Korea and Turkmenistan, to name a few. It is the technique of dictators, not of a free democratic (small case d) society.



"We love you, Stalin. Oh yes, we doooo."



Monument to Turkmen dictator Sarpermurat Niyazov


President Obama should get the word out to his minions to knock it off. It's getting ridiculous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the good old days under Dear Leader Bush.

I must have missed your entry comparing him to Stalin, though, right?

Findalis said...

He can't knock it off, if he did he wouldn't win the hearts & minds of the idiots. If you listen to the rhetoric coming from his supporters, it is the same language that religious fanatics use, even down to the quasi-idolatry. Funny how no person is suppose to question or disagree with The Chosen One. He is their God, Their Messiah. And Heaven help you if you refuse to worship at His altar.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

IF kids were indeed being required to sing songs like this, I'd be right behind you in saying that this was inappropriate. But you ARE overreacting for a few reasons:

1. How big is this country anyway? One class in one school in one town in one state hardly makes this some sort of epidemic.

2. If the article I read is to be believed, NJ's Education Department launched a review after finding out about this, and their spokesperson called it "inappropriate".

This is hardly some sort of government-mandated cult of personality. If I ever got some sort of marching order that I had to have the kids sing songs and whatnot about Obama, then I'd either quit or do my best to subvert it. (Probably the second, as I enjoy subverting things.)

Gary Fouse said...

"Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us"

Bryan,

Where have you been? That's a good one, and I think it is also inappropriate, but to you and Lance I would say that added to the DOE flap and a few other cases, there does seem to be an inappropriate effort to blow Obama up into something he is not. Maybe the NJ cases was one of a single teacher making up a song for the kiddies, but it was inappropriate. Itall takes me back to Berlin and "People of the world" by candidate Obama.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I would say that added to the DOE flap and a few other cases, there does seem to be an inappropriate effort to blow Obama up into something he is not.

You mean when added up with all of those other things that were also blown out of proportion? It's true, when you continue to blow things out of proportion, they sure do seem out of proportion when added together.