Translate


Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where's David Axelrod?


No mail today, Fousesquawk.


I was just wondering what happened to all those e-mails I used to get from the White House, especially from President Obama and David Axelrod. You know, since Major Garrett of Fox News asked White House Press Secretary and stand-up comedian Robert Gibbs about unsolicited e-mails about health care, I have not received one single e-mail.

Robert Gibbs
-"I'll have to get back to you on that, Major."

If I remember correctly, the explanation was that folks like me had somehow been put on the White House mailing list by some unknown organizations that had requested updates. The White House advice was that we should take advantage of the click at the bottom of the e-mail to "unsubscribe" from further e-mails. (I never did that.)

So why am I not getting any more personal e-mails from the gang in the White House boiler room? I was starting to feel pretty important. If the White House had, in fact, no control over my e-mail being in their data base, how come they have seemingly removed it?

Robert Gibbs
-"I'll have to get back to you on that, Fousesquawk."

And why is it that we only have one TV news network (Fox) that can bring these things out and keep the government honest? I thought that was the mission of the news media in a free and open society.

Silly me.

No comments: