Translate


Friday, September 12, 2008

Daily Kos Mocks 9-11 Remembrance

"All this 9/11 worship is ghoulish and downright silly. Some Brit on ______.com is even making fun of our pompous charade." Daily Kos.com (I have deleted the British blog site.)

The left-wing blog, Daily Kos, has sunk to a new low. As I write, on that blog appears a cartoon of two planes heading into the Twin Towers. The caption reads, "Happy Twin Towers Day". It was borrowed from a sick British blogger with the above Kos comment. (I have chosen not to show the cartoon. It is too outrageous.)

Reader responses to the Kos range from agreement to anger. Some readers praise the Brits for being more stoic and less hung-up on things like 9-11. Others admonish the Kos for showing the cartoon.

There is nothing funny about 9-11. No cartoon about what happened that day can be considered tasteful. The cartoon that the Kos chose to publish and praise is tantamount to spitting on the graves of the 3,000 people who were slaughtered that day.

I hope that curious readers who browse the Daily Kos and read its political opinions will also consider its association with this infamous cartoon. The editor, Markos Moulitzos, is the same character who made light of the murder of American contractors in Iraq whose bodies were hung from a bridge. "Screw 'em", said Moulitzos. Now this.

This is the same man that has appeared on Keith Olbermann's "Countdown Show" as a commentator. I wonder what Olbermann (who just excoriated John McCain and the RNC for using 9-11 images at their convention) has to say about his pal's embracing of this cartoon.

This past year, the Democratic presidential contenders including Barack Obama attended the Daily Kos annual convention. I wonder what they have to say about the Kos now. Will anybody from the media ask them? I doubt it.

The Daily Kos and its editor are beneath contempt. They are sick, twisted people. As stated above, I have chosen not to reproduce the cartoon or reveal the British blog site that produced it. As for you "Free Speech" devotees, please don't bother me with your lame arguments. Go see the cartoon yourselves at the Daily Kos. You won't see it here.

12 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Gary, you talk about free speech as though it's not one of the founding principles of this country.

I hate to play the same sort of game that conservatives do, but if you have a problem with free speech, then maybe you'd like to live in another country. You know, like Iran.

Of course, I'm being a bit over-the-top, but come on. If we're going to stop people from being offensive, then somebody who you described as being "reasonable", Ann Coulter, would have to be the first person to be shipped out of the country.

Dammit, I'm offended all the time by things that various people say all the time. I couldn't find that cartoon, but it sounds offensive to me as well. Still, I'd rather be offended than be censored.

Captain USpace said...

.
Nice tribute. Markos is communist garbage.

I was getting ready to get ready for work; Howard was on the radio, the TV's sound was muted.

I finally looked up and saw the tower with smoke pouring out of it and said "what the...", and then turned the sound on and just then my sister called and we watched and talked about it for a few minutes until the 2nd plane hit.
We were both "Oh my God..."

For the next week or more my nabes was like a demilitarized zone or something, only official traffic allowed. Lots of firetrucks and buses filled with fireman and rescue workers streamed through the neighborhood on their way down to Ground Zero.

Thankfully I lost no one, but know many people who did. Including a friend at work who had joined us from Cantor Fitzgerald after being there for 10 years. He lost over 100 friends and acquaintances, including 3 of his best friends who I had met at a birthday party at a club about 6-12 months before.

They loved the nickname I had given him.

A friend of mine called his wife at home and said "Go and get a few hundred dollars out of an ATM, quick!" She finally had to go way uptown to find one that still had cash in it. But on the way back to their apartment she ran into many upper-class Mommies out on the streets with their little kids and no way to get cash, and all of them crying and scared, and so little by little she gave away all her money to these scared and crying young Mothers.

So many stories, maybe I'll recount more next year; thanks for this prompt.

We must not let people forget, and we must never refuse to recognize evil.

:(
.
we will NOT forget
you 9/11 victims
will get justice
.
painful truth -
9/11 should be our
wakeup call
.
get Bin Laden -
we just need big SWAT team
and search warrant

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
there is no good or evil

every thing's relative
don't judge a terrorist

.
All real freedom starts with freedom of speech. Without freedom of speech there can be no real freedom.
.
Philosophy of Liberty Cartoon
.
Help Halt Terrorism Today!
.
We will NEVER forget!

:)
.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

And I just thought of something else - Where was your outrage when Ann Coulter called the 9-11 widows harpies who were enjoying the deaths of their husbands? Is that somehow less offensive?

Mind you, I don't believe that she should be censored.

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

I did not say that Kos should be shut down or arrested. Of course, they have the right to put up the cartoon and say whatever they want-and I have the right to condemn them for it. I am exercising my free speech. Criticizing what someone says is not trying to take away their free speech.

Gary Fouse said...

Thank you uspace for your story.

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

Regarding Ann COulter's comments about the Jersey Girls (that is what they call themselves), it was over the line. She never should have said it.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Gary, I was responding to this line specifically:

As for you "Free Speech" devotees, please don't bother me with your lame arguments.

Is that what you mean? Arguments for free speech are lame? I don't want to strawman you here, but I don't know how else to read that.

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

C'mon! I addressed the free speech stuff, didn't I? They have their free speech, and so do I.

Strawman again?

Lance Christian Johnson said...

The tone of what you wrote implied that you had a dismissive attitude towards arguments about "free speech". Perhaps that was not your intention, but it certainly came across that way.

Gary Fouse said...

Well, I was really ticked off when I wrote that blog after seeing the cartoon. Bottom line still remains that I never said Daily Kos should be shut down or anybody arrested.

That is free speech.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Gary, thank you for reading it.

hate evil
embrace the feeling
- but what is it?

.
history's fascists -
those ones Christian were
led NOT by Bible

Muslim ones claim God's will
words of Koran justify
.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Apparently, uspace has never actually read the Bible. Yeah, no calls for violence in that book. Yeesh.