Translate


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Elton John Insults Americans at Hillary Fundraiser


Elton John- If it looks like a duck.....


Last night at Radio City Music Hall in New York, British singer Elton John performed for a Hillary Clinton fundraiser. This is what he told the crowd (Hillary was also present.)

"I've always been a Hillary supporter. There is no one more qualified to lead America."

Then he struck out at Americans with this:

"I'm amazed by the misogynistic attitudes of some of the people in this country. And I say to hell with them."

As yet, I have not heard anything about Mrs Clinton rebuking those remarks like John McCain reacted when Bill Cunningham used a McCain rally to say bad things about Barack Obama.

Here is my reaction:

How dare you, Mr John, come to our country and speak about our people (even some of them) in that manner. It's one thing for you to inject yourself into our electoral process. It is quite another to come here and bad-mouth us. The fact that many Americans (of both genders) have an intense dislike of Mrs Clinton is not because we are misogynists. It is because she is dishonest, arrogant, ruthless and not qualified to be a presidential contender. That's why.

Furthermore, I would never dream of going to your country and telling them who should be prime minister and insulting those who disagree with me. When I visit another country, I conduct myself like a guest.

And to Mrs Clinton: When are you going to apologize for John's comments? You are responsible for bringing in a supporter (from another country) who insults Americans who may not agree with him.

As for Elton John- go home.

5 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

You know I'm no Hillary fan, but I actually think that he has a point. Some of the criticism that I've heard seems to have more to do with the fact that she's a woman than what she stands for. (No, I don't include you in that.)

Gary Fouse said...

Sorry, I don't agree. The bottom line is you don't go to someone's house and sh-- on the rug.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Meh...he said "some" people. I certainly don't see how it's an attack on all Americans. Seems like a bit of a mountain from a molehill.

Gary Fouse said...

I think I made the distinction about "some Americans". The point is if I am going to slam "some Brits", I will not do it on British soil.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I would. ; )